EWA'S CAULIFLOWER FRIED "RICE" WITH SHRIMP
TIME TO THROW DOWN ANOTHER RECIPE WITH OUR FRIENDS FROM THE FIREFIGHTER THROWDOWN! THIS WEEK'S TUESDAY TIP WAS HOW TO TURN CAULIFLOWER INTO CAULIFLOWER "RICE" AND NOW WE HAVE A RECIPE FOR YOU TO USE IT IN.
IN THE SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME I HAVE KNOWN EWA FROM 555 FITNESS, I HAVE LEARNED THAT THIS GIRL CAN COOK! IM ALWAYS INSPIRED WHEN I SEE HER INSTAGRAM FEED @MOREWEIGHTMORECAKE. NOT ONLY IS THIS RECIPE IS A GREAT ALTERNATIVE TO CHINESE TAKE-OUT, BUT IT CAN BE TAILORED TO YOUR LIKING AND IT IS SUPER QUICK TO PREPARE.
- 3 CUPS RAW CAULIFLOWER PULSED IN A FOOD PROCESSOR, MICROWAVED 3-5 MINUTES
- 1/2 C FROZEN PEAS
- 1/2 C CARROTS, THINLY SLICED
- 3-4 GARLIC CLOVES, MINCED
- 1/2 C ONION, DICED
- SHRIMP (SUBSTITUTE ANY OTHER MEAT YOU LIKE)
- 1 EGG AND 2 EGG WHITES, SCRAMBLED
- LIQUID AMINOS, COCONUT AMINOS OR SOY SAUCE
- WATER CHESTNUTS
1. In a large pan, saute garlic and onions in olive oil on a medium/high heat, until onions become soft and transparent. (about 2-3 minutes)
2. Add in peas, and carrots (feel free to thaw or microwave these ahead of time)and cook until carrots begin to soften and peas are heated through, about 3-4 minutes
3. Next stir in scrambled eggs , cauliflower liquid aminos, cooked shrimp, water chestnuts (and any other veggies/meat you desire). Cook stirring frequently for about 5-7 more minutes.