A SPECIAL THROWDOWN RECIPE THIS WEEK FROM OUR FRIENDS AT THE FIREFIGHTER THROWDOWN!
YOU MAY BE WONDERING WHO JOHN IS, WELL IT IS NONE OTHER THAN OUR GOOD BUDDY JOHN CARPENTER, FOUNDER OF THE FIREFIGHTER THROWDOWN! THIS IS HIS RECIPE FOR ROASTED CHICKEN, A DISH THAT IS ALWAYS A GOOD CHOICE, ESPECIALLY IN THE COOLER MONTHS.
JOHN'S ROSEMARY LEMON CHICKEN
- 1 ROASTING CHICKEN
- 4 LEMONS
- 1 PACKAGE FRESH ROSEMARY
- 1 TBSP. BUTTER
- OLIVE OIL
• Preheat oven to 450 degrees
• Rinse chicken and dry with paper towels
• Cut lemon in thick slices
• Fill chicken cavity with rosemary and lemon slices
• Slice butter into pads and slide under breast skin
• Tie chicken legs with string
• Tie string around wings to hold to body
• Salt and pepper skin
• Drizzle olive oil over chicken
• Place stuffed chicken in frying pan
• Place in over (Uncovered) and bake for 1.25 – 1.5 hours
• Place baked chicken on cutting board
• Slice down the middle of breast through the back bone with large knife
• Cut off wings and legs
• Drippings in fry pan are excellent dipping sauce/gravy without any other preparation
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE FIREFIGHTER THROWDOWN, CLICKHERE !
DONT FORGET TO TAG US IN YOUR PICS @FORKANDHOSECO AND HASHTAG US #FORKANDHOSECO. IF YOU HAVE A RECIPE YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A FEATURE, EMAIL YOUR NAME, DEPARTMENT, HIGH QUALITY PHOTO AND RECIPE TO FORKANDHOSECO@GMAIL.COM
STAY SAFE, EAT WELL!