HUDSON VALLEY CRAFT BEER WEEK (HVCBW)- A collaborative venture to promote the thriving local craft beer culture in the Hudson Valley and bring attention to what Hudson Valley craft brewers, restaurants and retailers are doing all year long.
FORK AND HOSE CO.- A firehouse cooking blog started by local firefighter A.J. Fusco. Fork and Hose Co. shares meals and recipes from firehouses all over the world, while putting an emphasis on healthier eating in the fire service. A.J. also has a passion for craft beer and works at the Craftsman Ale House.
- A joint effort between Hudson Valley Craft Beer Week and Fork and Hose Co.
- The event will be a BBQ style competition between local fire departments with Hudson Valley craft breweries pouring their beer.
- One of the requirements for the BBQ teams will be to use Hudson Valley craft beer in their BBQ (i.e marinade, sauce, side, etc.)
- There will be a token style “people’s choice” award and guest judges for 1st place. We have some great prizes lined up but I can’t give any details out just as of yet.
- Our goal is to have zero dollars out of pocket for the competing teams. We hope to accomplish this through various sponsorships and donations from food suppliers, supermarkets, etc.
- Firehouse Kitchen TV show will be filming an episode at the event.
- There will be a $200 deposit required upon registration to secure a spot in the BBQ competition. This will be refunded on the day of the event if the team shows up and competes.
- All proceeds raised through ticket sales, etc. will go to The Stephen Siller Tunnel To Towers Foundation to help them with their mission of honoring military and first responder families.
DATE/TIME: August 14, 2016/Time TBD
LOCATION: Veterans Memorial Park - 182 Crystal St. Harrison, NY 10528
- 1 Main (i.e. ribs, brisket, pulled pork, sausage, etc.) with 2 Sides (i.e mac n’ cheese, corn, beans, etc.) with the use of Hudson Valley craft beer.
- We would like all smoked food to be prepared on site. However, we understand this may not be possible so we are open to food being prepared offsite and brought to/finished at the event. Please let us know what your intentions are.
- We are still in the planning phase in regards to how many tickets will be sold, but for right now we are using 100 tickets as the baseline.
- Two prizes for the winning team that we are working out will be the following:
- Brew a beer with Captain Lawrence for next year’s Hudson Valley Craft Beer Week
- The team films an episode with Ray Cooney of Firehouse Kitchen TV
F.D. BBQ TEAMS (TBD):
HVCBW BREWERIES: (Potential Participants)
CAPTAIN LAWRENCE BREWING CO. - Elmsford
NEWBURGH BREWING CO. - Newburgh
BROKEN BOW BREWERY - Tuckahoe
YONKERS BREWING CO. - Yonkers
KEEGAN ALES - Kingston
SLOOP BREWING - Elizaville
DEFIANT BREWING - Pearl River
PEEKSKILL BREWERY - Peekskill
NORTH RIVER HOPS AND BREWING - Wappingers Falls
THE BREWERY AT BACCHUS - New Paltz
RUSHING DUCK BREWERY - Chester
- Provide a fun, exciting and delicious atmosphere for our guests and friends.
- Bridge the gap between cooking and beer through the use of Hudson Valley craft beer and firehouse cooking. Let’s show everyone we can cook more than just chili!
- Raise money for a charity that does a great job supporting local military and first responders, such as Sgt. Lemm from West Harrison.
If you are interested in competing and think you can cook enough food for 100 people please let me know by emailing me at email@example.com or call/text me (914) 885-4462. If you know of anyone who may be interested as well, please forward this info to them. I will send out a formal Team Registration email in the near future.
Thank you in advance,
Founder/Fork and Hose Co.