SO IF YOU HAVE NOT HEARD BY NOW......ON AUGUST 14TH, 2016 I WILL BE COMPETING ON FOOD NETWORK'S GUY'S GROCERY GAMES!!!! WHEN FOOD NETWORK APPROACHED ME ABOUT WHAT CHARITY I WOULD BE COMPETING FOR IT WAS NOT EVEN A QUESTION.....555 FITNESS! IF YOU HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THEM, THEY ARE A FIREFIGHTER RUN CHARITY WHOSE MISSION IS TO REDUCE FIREFIGHTER LODD'S (LINE OF DUTY DEATHS) DUE TO CARDIAC RELATED INCIDENTS. CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THEIR MISSION AND HOW THEY ARE CHANGING LIVES EVERYDAY!
BACK IN FEBRUARY OF 2015, THE 555 FITNESS CREW AND MYSELF WERE ON A COUPLE EPISODES OF THE FIREHOUSE KITCHEN TV SHOW PROMOTING HEALTHY EATING AND FITNESS IN THE FIREHOUSE. CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE EPISODES OR GO TO OUR MEDIA PAGE....
HERE IS THE CHICKEN CACCIATORE RECIPE PIP AND I MADE!
2 lbs SKINLESS-BONELESS CHICKEN THIGHS(or mix of chicken parts)
2 CHICKEN SAUSAGE LINKS (remove casing)
2 GARLIC CLOVES, peeled
1 ONION,peeled and sliced
3 BELL PEPPERS, seeded and sliced
1 PACKAGE OF SLICED MUSHROOMS
1 CAN OF GREEN OLIVES, sliced
8 oz. TOMATO PASTE
32 oz. TOMATO SAUCE
RED PEPPER FLAKES
SALT AND PEPPER, to taste
- Season chicken parts with salt, pepper and any herbs such as thyme, rosemary, basil and oregano
- Heat a skillet or cast iron pan over medium-high heat, when hot drizzle in some olive oil
- Add sausage, breaking up as it cooks. Remove, set aside
- Add the chicken and brown in batches as to not overcrowd the pan. When all the chicken is browned, set aside.
- Lower heat to medium-low and add onions, garlic and a pinch of pepper flake. When onions to starts to brown add the bell peppers, whole sprig of rosemary and a couple tablespoons of tomato paste, stir frequently to prevent past from burning
- Add the tomato sauce, mushrooms and olives
- Bring to a simmer and return chicken and sausage to pot. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, uncover and cook for another 15-20 minutes